How to Avoid the "Kiss of Death" When Selling Your Home



Buying a home? Click here to perform a full home search
Selling a home? Click here for a FREE Home Price Evaluation
Call me at (530) 582-6900 for a FREE home buying consultation

Are you thinking about selling your property in the near future? If so, you've come to the right place. Today, I'll cover how to avoid the kiss of death when putting your home on the Truckee market! 

I've been selling real estate in the area for over 15 years, and 25-30% of my business comes from sellers who failed to sell their home with another agent.

What is it that caused these homes to sit on the market for so long, you ask? It's quite simple, really: the kiss of death when selling your home is overpricing it from the beginning! 


Within the first 30 days your home is on the market, it is considered a fresh new listing. It's when the listing is in its prime - buyers come by to take a look at it, there is excitement about it, and it's the time period you're most likely to get an offer that's close to the full listing price. 

The problem is that many sellers want to list high and "leave room for negotiation." They don't want to give the home away, but overpricing the home from the start pushes buyers away and greatly diminishes the benefits that typically come with a fresh listing. When a home sits on the market for a long time, the first thing the buyer thinks is, "What's wrong with this home?" or "Why hasn't it sold?"

I don't want you to leave any money on the table, but I also don't want your listing to go stale and sell for much less than it would have otherwise. My experience in the industry is at your disposal - I know how to put the right price on your home, so you can get the most money possible. If you want to learn how I do this, or if you have any questions about real estate at all, give me a call or shoot me a quick email. I would love to hear from you!